PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons)
Dr Porritt was responsible (from 2002 to 2006) for the construction of on-line subject materials and was involved in the development of the Master of Business Leadership qualification. He continues to teach subjects on Business Leadership while working as a Senior Research Director at Taverner Research, a Sydney-based social and market research consultancy. Before joining the faculty full time, Dr Porritt was a Director of AMR Interactive. He has overseen research projects such as:
- Program evaluations
- Corporate reputation measurement
- Client needs studies
- Staff and customer experience studies
- Advertising development, tracking and evaluation research
- Brand image and brand equity measurement
- Medical and pharmaceutical research
- Social values, lifestyle and consumer behaviour monitoring
- Continuing research programs for several clients, contributing to strategy development and assisting with the definition of research program needs in banking and financial services, corporate reputation, road safety, perceptions of crime, internet use, FMCG, and automotive markets.
Dr Porritt’s areas of interest and expertise include:
- Organisational research and development
- Survey research methodology
- Customer relationship, customer experience and customer satisfaction
- Health services (from working in mental health and general hospitals)
- Influence of attitudes on behaviour
- Complex multivariate analyses and model building.
In his earlier career, Dr Porritt was involved in research, counselling and management positions within the NSW Public Service Board, a major teaching hospital group, a mental health service and NSW Corrective Services.